USC Career Center
The USC Career Center is now offering services to USC Postdocs!
The postdoc service mirrors service available to USC alumni, including:
- Four 50 minute one-on-one sessions with a USC career counselor
- Access to the connectSC, where you can do:
- Mock interviews from the comfort of your own computer. You can also review the audio and video recording of your interview session and have the option of sharing with others to get feedback.
- Determine which career paths and positions are the best fit for you by using CareerBeam, a career assessment platform that includes Quick Profile – matching your personality with career interests.
- You can browse through 4,000 short video interviews of professionals in different areas talking about their career experience
- Access Versatile PhD, the largest online community dedicated to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhDs in humanities, social science and STEM. The platform includes job listings, discussions and networking opportunities.
- Access to the “Trojans Hiring Trojans” network. This includes access to exclusive job postings and extended job search tools.
- Up-to-date calendar of career programming events throughout campus.
- Extensive list of book titles on professional development.
- Use of the Career Journeys tool for a markedly reduced fee ($99 per hour)
This service is only available to the following USC Postdoctoral Scholar job codes:
- 98227 – Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate
- 98223 – Postdoctoral Scholar – Teaching Fellow
- 98219 – Postdoctoral Scholar – Fellowship Trainee
Access this valuable resource now by emailing your name, USC email address and 10-digit USC ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.