Postdoc Tuition Remission Program
All postdoctoral scholars on the Postdoctoral Scholar Benefits Plan are entitled to receive up to 20 units of tuition remission for training-related coursework at USC, not to exceed four units in any one semester. Postdoctoral scholars should secure approval of the faculty mentor and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, which will handle the registration process.
To register for a course, please download, complete, and submit the forms below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charges and Fees
The Tuition Remission program only covers the cost of tuition. Postdocs enrolled in courses beyond PDF-999 must follow the registration and fees deadlines published in the Schedule of Classes.
- USC Student Health Center and Insurance Charges
- lab and/or access fees, readers and other course materials
- Norman Topping Fee
- USC Student Services Fee
- Graduate Programming Fee
- If you opt in or pay for the USC Graduate Programming Fee, you are eligible to:
- apply for the USC GSG Travel Grant Program
- participate in the subsidized Metro TAP card (reduced-fare passes) program
- access the USC GSG Free legal counseling services
- is a postdoc placeholder course that postdocs should be registered for every semester
- PDF-999 grants you access to university resources: libraries, journals, the Lyon center, etc.
- qualifies you for loan deferment
USC provides IRS Form *1098-T* to students with qualified tuition and fees or financial aid posted to their student accounts during the calendar year just ended. This form is used to document education tax credits on United States federal income tax returns. More info here.
To download your forms:
- log into the OASIS service on MyUSC
- go to the Financial Information menu and click on “1098T (ECSI)“.
Or, you may login directly to ECSI at http://www.ecsi.net/1098t where you will be asked to provide your student ID and email information. The school code for USC is “HT.”
- For assistance using ECSI, call 866-428-1098.